Tuesday, June 15, 2010

IMPACT FANZINE #2 The First Step interview

"Pete and I were driving to see a Saves The Day show just for the hideous nature of it when he put a demo in his tape deck. "Dude, you might like this, they are from North Carolina, called The First Step." I honestly couldn't remember the last time I heard a demo by a fairly new band that got me excited. However, the second I heard those drums on "We All Die," I knew this was gonna be different. Since that night I have become a fan of The First Step; their "Insted on steroids" sound, their ultra-inspiring-without-being-cheesy lyrics, their energy-drenched live permormance... their dedication to the emotion. More importantly, I have become a friend of The First Step, and while I know each member on different levels, it didn't take me long to realize that this band encompasses much of what I love about hardcore. Thanks guys.
Interview done via e-mail throughout July and August of 2002 by Gordo. The First Step: Stephen-Growl Aaron-Axe Andy-Boom Izz-Crash"





IMPACT Fanzine #2 - Brian Jordan, Pete Russo

No comments:

Post a Comment